- David A. Langley Architects has been crafting distinct, custom designs since 1981
- We have over 1,600 projects located in Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Indiana, Hawaii, and Washington. Our projects include a wide variety of building types, construction methods and environments
- Projects include residential, commercial, churches, religious institutions, retreat centers, historical preservation and renovation, shopping centers, apartments, condominiums, downtown development, bed and breakfasts, and cabins
- Clients are offered the art and inspiration of hand-drawn sketches and renderings at the concept, then develop the design in AutoCAD and computer aided modeling and visualization
- Our design process is collaborative with hands on client involvement
- Each design is uniquely suited to the clients’ individual taste and style. Some architectural styles include mountain, log homes, rustic, western, contemporary, Mediterranean style, classical and period correct architecture
MAKES YOUR DREAMS… REALITY
“Wish List” – Every project starts with an initial consultation to discuss your “wish list”. This list usually includes your ideas, concerns, schedule and budget.
Initial Site Visit – Together, the client and the architect determine how the “wish list” fits onto the site. Walking the site helps establish the best placement, how to achieve the best views, and how the sun and shadows affect the design.
Bubble Diagram – The bubble diagram is based on the “wish list”. We prepare some rough design sketches that ban be used for further discussions that help the client to clarify what is most important on their “wish list”.
Site and Floor Plan Development – This phase reviews the initial design development, discuss the pro’s and con’s, and answers questions that may arise. The design will undergo a series of revisions until the client is satisfied with it.
Elevation Development – Initial sketches of the exterior design.
Interior Development – Initial study of the space relationship of the interior spaces.
Exterior Rendering – The final representation of the exterior design; including color and materials.
Detailed Construction Documents – These documents are the basis for the clients relationship with the contractor. They are detailed and high quality, providing all of the information needed for building permitting and construction.
- Parade of Homes: El Paso/Teller County: $2 Million & Up – Best Over-all Architectural Design/Plan, People’s Choice Award, Best Interior Design, Best Exterior Design, Best Kitchen, Best Built-green Award, Best Overall Award
- Parade of Homes: El Paso/Teller County: $1 Million & Up – Best Overall Home, Best Interior Design, People’s Choice Award, M.A.M.E. Award
- Grand Prize – Summit County Parade of Homes
- Cover Story – Colorado Homes and Lifestyles
- Best Design, Woodland Park Parade of Homes
- Volunteer of the year for Tri-Community Parishes
- Best House over $200,000 M.A.M.E. of Colorado Spring Home Builders Association
- Best House over $200,000 M.A.M.E. of Colorado Springs Homes Builder’s Association
- Honorary Winner in Reynolds Aluminum Design Competition
- First Place in American Iron and Steel Institute National Design Competition
- Home Builders Association Teller County
- Historical Preservation Committee Woodland Park
- The Greater Chamber of Commerce Woodland Park
- LEED Accredited Professional by Green Building Certification Institute
- TCRAS Building Expansion Project – Certificate of Appreciation
MEET OUR BEST EXPERTS
Since the opening the firm in 1981, our team has been blessed not only by the support of family and friends, but with the opportunity to reach out and serve our surrounding community and its residents. Whether it be the time to turn your visions into reality, start a new business, remodel or renovate, when you need architectural and structural engineering services, we are here to help.
Owner, Lead Architect, Licensed in Colorado
David has cultivated 36 years of experience in the humble pursuit of inspired architecture. Upon graduating from Ball State University College of Architecture and Planning in 1976, David moved to Colorado and began David A. Langley Architects in 1981. I offer clients the art and inspiration of hand-drawn sketches and renderings at the concept, then develop the design in AutoCAD and computer aided modeling and visualization. That process results in a buildable design respectful of the budget but with features completely unique to the project.
I currently employ one Architect, associate with two more Architects, one Designer and an Office Manager that utilize AutoCAD for all production of Design Documents and Construction. The combination of innate design created by hand and precision of AutoCAD assist in providing programming decisions, appropriate schematics, and clear construction documents ready to be utilized in accurately constructing the dream by designing innovative architecture, transforming visions into reality.
Associate, Licensed in Colorado and Hawaii
Linda has been associated with David A. Langley Architects for 26 years. Linda earned her Bachelors of Science of Architecture, College of Engineering from Ohio State University in 1980. She is currently licensed in Colorado and Hawaii and maintains a Professional Membership with American Institute of Architects. Prior to working with David A. Langley Architects, Linda worked with large firms including The NBBJ Group in Columbus Ohio, and SERA Architects in Portland Oregon. She was named Associate of SERA Architects in 1989. Linda has had the privilege to work on a wide variety of projects including Historic Renovation, Historic Restoration, Low Rise and Mid Rise Commercial Projects, Commercial Kitchens, Low Rise Residential and Custom Residential.
Project Architect, Licensed in Colorado
Having more than three decades of experience as well as diverse portfolio including design, planning, and construction knowledge, Keith demonstrates a keen ability to quickly understand and prioritize critical elements as tools for solving problems in a world of ever-increasing technology. Keith graduated from Kansas State University in 1980 and is licensed in Colorado and has spent the last 15 years with David A. Langley Architects. Keith’s residential design expertise cannot be over shadowed by his eagerness to jump in the educational realms as well as the commercial built environments. When he isn’t at work, you’ll find him enjoying his family, the outdoors, and finding opportunities to learn something new.
KaraLee is the Office Manager at David A. Langley Architects and a native of Woodland Park. She has her Bachelors of Science in Culinary Nutrition from Johnson & Wales University. Her occupational route has been wide-ranging and has instilled a hunger to face new challenges. KaraLee has brought these experiences together to help clients, consultants, contractors, and others, to tap into the inspired work that is produced at David A. Langley Architects. She ensures that daily operations are smooth and efficient while maintaining accounts, monthly billing and much of the communications. When not working, KaraLee spends time with her family, spending time outside exploring or in her garden, or in the kitchen cooking.
Designer & Project Manager
Miriam started her love for design quite young. At 12 years old, she had her own table at the art department of her family business, Lirag Textile Mills. At 14, she designed her first store window display. She continued 3 years of Architecture at the University of Santo Tomas, Philippines and earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Design at The Art Center – College of Design, graduating with Honors. Miriam describes herself as the “Jill of all Design Trades” including but not limited to graphic, product, store, residential and commercial design and sometimes, a wedding decorator. This is her 10th year, as a design consultant and project manager, with Langley Architects. These days, you will find her transitioning from a full time WPHS Marching Band Mom to a community volunteer. She strives to apply her love for design to all the causes that she is passionate about.
OUR CURRENT PROJECTS
current project text
WORDS FROM OUR CLIENTS
350 W Henrietta Ave, Woodland Park, CO 80863